Join the army of prayer warriors from around the globe praying for Emmanuel College! Make sure to subscribe for prayer request updates.


Sunday, May 28, 2023

Farewell

Selected scriptures from Philippians (NLT) that express Ron's farewell message to end the Pray For Emmanuel prayer blog.

[The Apostle Paul's words to the church at Philippi] 

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work. So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart. 

God knows how much I love you and long for you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus. Whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith. Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. 

Do everything without complaining and arguing. Live as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

‭‭Pray for Emmanuel College. 

Please continue praying for EC. You can always pray for the Board of Trustees, the president, the senior leadership team, the faculty, staff, and students. At times, you may want to scroll through the many previous posts to the prayer blog to find prayer needs (PrayForEmmanuel.blogspot.com). In addition, you can pray for the following important points:

  • Selection of a new president
  • Spirit-inspired vision
  • Spirit-enabled strategies and plans
  • Standing for biblical truth in a twisted and confused world
  • Ministry teams effective throughout the world
  • On-campus ministry and evangelism
  • Record-breaking enrollment fall 2023
  • Stable and growing enrollments in the future
  • Enrollment growth of online undergraduate and graduate programs 
  • Development of new undergraduate and graduate majors 
  • Partners who invest in Christian higher education through Emmanuel College
  • Transformational gifts in the tens of millions of dollars
  • Growth of the endowment fund to $30 million
  • Improved salaries and benefits for employees
  • New buildings especially residence halls
  • Additional renovations to existing buildings
  • New vehicles for college travel

Thank you for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment