Join the army of prayer warriors from around the globe praying for Emmanuel College! Make sure to subscribe for prayer request updates.


Saturday, September 26, 2020

Day of Repentance and Prayer

Today is the National and Global Day of Repentance and Prayer. Please spend some extra time today to pray for our nation and our world. Your prayers will be joining hundreds of thousands of other believers as effective weapons against evil principalities and strongholds. Below, there are four powerful prayers from the Bible. You may want to pray one of these now, another at noon, still another in the afternoon, and the final one in the evening.

Pray Solomon's Prayer

When your people go to war against their enemies, wherever you send them, and when they pray to you . . . then hear from heaven their prayer and their plea, and uphold their cause. 

When they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin—and you become angry with them . . .

If they have a change of heart . . . and repent and plead with you . . . and say, "We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly," 

And if they turn back to you with all their heart and soul . . . and pray, . . then from heaven, your dwelling place, hear their prayer and their pleas, and uphold their cause. And forgive your people, who have sinned against you. (2 Chronicles 6:34-39 NIV)

Pray Asaph's Prayer

Do not hold against us the sins of past generations; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need. 

Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name’s sake.

Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will praise you forever; from generation to generation we will proclaim your praise. (Psalms 79:8-9, 13 NIV)

Pray the Prayer of Jesus

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world . . . 

My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. (John 17:15-21, 25-26 NIV)

Pray the Prayer of the Apostle Paul

I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. 

I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called . . . 

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. (Ephesians 1:16-19 NLT)

Pray for Emmanuel College

Pray every Saturday for the preservation of religious freedoms throughout our nation. Pray that no law, regulation, or court case will impede Emmanuel College from maintaining scriptural standards.

Pray for Emmanuel College to increase in strength and influence through prayer and service, for the Holy Spirit to empower the people of Emmanuel College in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ through our faculty, staff, students, and graduates.

Pray daily for the few among our students and employees who have the corona virus. Pray for their healing and comfort. Pray for the eradication of this disease.

Thank you for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment